Convert Word to PDF online in just three clicks, at the office, in class, or at home.
|File extension||.doc/.docx||File extension|
|Internet media type||
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|File format name:||Microsoft Word Binary File Format||File format name:||Portable Document Format|
Microsoft Word (97-2010), WordPerfect, AbiWord, Apple Pages, AppleWorks, KWord, Microsoft Word, StarOffice, IBM Lotus Symphony
|Associated programs:||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader|
|Developed by||Microsoft||Developed by||ISO|
|Initial Release:||October 25, 1983||Initial Release:||June 15, 1993|
To convert Word to PDF follow the steps below
- Go to altoconvertwordtopdf.com.
- Press Choose File to upload your Word document or drag and drop the doc to the highlighted space titled “Drag & Drop the File(s) Here”.
- Once the document is uploaded, press Convert Now! and wait for a couple of seconds while the conversion is completed.
- Next, press Download PDF to get your newly converted file.
- For extra options like signing, editing, and sharing your PDF, register an account with pdfFiller.
- Refresh a page for a new conversion.
The Ultimate Features Comparison Chart
Check out AltoConvertWordtoPDF’s advantages over the most popular converters on the market to make sure it’s the choice for you. Online document management is crucial in today’s busy environment.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
It’s an excellent free service that improves your experience converting files online. Alto converter makes my work more accessible and provides quality results. Fast and easy to use.
I like this easy-to-use and free tool to convert word documents to pdf files safely and easily. The most important thing for me is that this program is free and doesn’t require registration.
A handy tool to have in your pocket. Conversions are perfect since Alto conserves the design and formats of the original documents. I think it’s the best among the free programs.
How To convert Word to PDF
How to convert Word to PDF online
Converting DOC to PDF is extremely easy with the right online converter. First of all, because the majority of online converters are free, require no registration, and are available 24/7, they make managing documents online something easy, given there’s a strong connection to the internet available. The AltoWordtoPDF converter features all the mentioned-above advantages and additionally attracts users because it’s so user-friendly and the conversion process is so simple. With AltoWordtoPDF, converting files takes less than 3 minutes to complete.
To convert Word to PDF online:
- Go to altoconvertwordtopdf.com.
- Press Choose File (the orange button) to find your Word document.
- Once you find it, double-click on it, and it’ll be automatically uploaded.
- Next, press the Convert Now! button to change the document’s format.
- Wait a couple of seconds for the conversion to finish.
- Next, press Download PDF and save it to your device or to the cloud.
- Refresh the page to complete another conversion.
Alto is a robust tool that helps change a document’s format in just three clicks. Its interface is so simple that users don’t need additional instructions to transform their Word files. The service also incorporates advanced features, such as e-signature and editing. However, those are available upon registration. The service also provides top-notch security of all documents processed and prevents data leakage. Use altoconvertwordtopdf.com for a fast, free, and high-quality online document conversion experience.
How to convert Word to PDF in Google Chrome
Google Chrome users don’t need to look for online or software converters. They can transform Word to PDF right from the comfort of their browser. All they have to do is add the AltoWordtoPDF extension. Once they download it, it’ll automatically appear on the browser’s top pane and will be available for use. Google Chrome add-ons and extensions are unique means to customize your browser’s capabilities. Simply download them from the Chrome Web Store and manage documents without having to switch from tab to tab.
To convert Word to PDF in Google Chrome:
- Download the extension and find it in the upper menu.
- Click on the icon and once the pop-up window appears click Choose s file.
- By clicking on a Word file, you’ll automatically upload it to the add-on.
- When the Word document is uploaded, click on Convert Now!.
- As soon as the document converts, click Download PDF.
- Specify that the PDF is downloaded to your desktop or to the cloud.
- Refresh the page and convert an unlimited number of documents.
The Google Chrome extension is an analogy of the online Word to PDF Converter. It incorporates the same features, however, is more convenient for Google Chrome users. Though, users are highly encouraged to use both. The extension and the web page provide a high-quality conversion and guarantees advanced security for every document that’s uploaded. Once you enable the extension’s window, proceed with the conversion until it finishes. Otherwise, if you close the window, you’ll have to restart.
How to convert Word to PDF in Windows
Windows users need to employ third-party solutions to transform DOC to PDF, as Windows doesn’t support the PDF format. Out of two possible options: paid software vs. online tools, the latter is much faster, more cost-effective, and convenient. Use altoconvertwordtopdf.com on any device 24/7, from any location in the world without time-consuming registration, and get your documents converted in just three clicks. AltoWordtoPDF allows for an unlimited number of conversions a day. Alto is also compatible with Windows and other platforms.
To convert Word to PDF in Windows:
- Enter altoconvertwordtopdf.com in your preferred browser.
- Click on Choose File and browse for your Word document.
- Upload it by double-clicking on it.
- Once it’s uploaded press Convert Now!.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until the document’s format is changed.
- Click on Download PDF and choose where to store it.
- Refresh the page if you intend to make more conversions.
Get fast and high-quality conversions with our robust and web-based Word to PDF converter. It retains format quality, as well as guarantees advanced data protection. Any sensitive information in your files is secured. Every next step is predictable and natural. AltoPDF allows users to convert an unlimited number of documents a day and without size restrictions. The only specific requirement is a stable internet connection. Try it out yourself!
How to convert Word to PDF on a Mac
Mac users are very lucky to have built-in programs for working with and managing Word and PDF documents like Preview and Pages. Most of the time there’s no need to use third-party solutions to transform Word to PDF on a Mac. Preview can open, edit, and change a document’s format, even DOC files. This option adds a lot of convenience and is fast and cost-effective. However, it can lack the needed features that many online converters offer.
To convert Word to PDF on a Mac:
- Open Preview by clicking on it.
- Open your Word document.
- Edit it before converting it to PDF.
- Next, select File ->Save as.
- As soon as a pop-up window appears, select PDF as the resulting format.
- Rename the document if needed.
- Confirm the changes by pressing OK.
If for any reason you can’t use your Mac’s built-in tools, try out an online converter at altoconvertwordtopdf.com. Since it's compatible with all major platforms it’ll change Word to PDF in seconds right from your Mac. As a stand-alone solution, it has a pretty simple interface and enables you to convert files fast and easy. It’s available on desktop and mobile and can be used anywhere, given your device is connected to the internet. Try it out!
How to convert Word to PDF in Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a full-featured robust tool for working with files in Portable Document Format. Acrobat Reader users can transform Word to PDF with the help of Adobe’s native solutions for PDF. For many, the ability to avoid using third-party tools is very convenient. Plus, it synchronizes accounts via the Document Cloud, enabling users to access their documents from various devices.
To convert Word to PDF in Adobe Reader:
- Sign up for a free trial or log in if you already have an account.
- Select Create PDF in the upper menu.
- Browse for a Word document and upload it.
- Upload the file and it’ll automatically be converted into a PDF document.
- Rename it if needed.
If you don’t have Acrobat Reader installed, sign up for a free seven-day trial to test it. Mind, that not all the features are available in the trial. Users can get full access to Acrobat Reader once they’ve paid. However, if you need a Word to PDF converter that’s free and web-based, check out altoconvertwordtopdf.com. It’s a user-friendly and straightforward tool with a great interface. Convert DOC and DOCX files in seconds!
How to convert Word to PDF on mobile
Making decisions quickly is crucial in today’s daily life. When every minute matters, being able to manage documents while on the go is very important. Imagine, you can change Word to PDF on the go from your mobile device. This can save time and in many cases, money. Regardless of whether you use iPhone or Android, there’s still an option to transform Word to PDF fast, free and effortlessly.
To convert Word to PDF on a mobile:
- Download the AltoConvertWordtoPDF application to your phone or tablet.
- Click on the app to open it.
- Upload your Word file.
- Click on Convert Now! and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Once the file is converted, press Download PDF.
If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the application, go to altoconvertwordtopdf.com and convert Word to PDF online from your mobile device. AltoPDF enables you to change your document’s format in three clicks without having to register. Data is thoroughly protected and your content is secured. It allows for an unlimited number of conversions a day. Try it out today!
How to convert Word to PDF on iOS
If you have an iPhone 10 or later, you’re very lucky because your device has a built-in converter. There’s no need to use third-party solutions to change document formats. With the help of the Share option it’s possible to turn any format, including Word into PDF fast. The Share function that enables document types works for both the latest versions of iPhones and iPads.
To convert Word to PDF on an iPhone 10 or later:
- Open a Word document on your device.
- Select Share and tap on the screen.
- Find Print and tap on it.
- Once you press print, a preview will open as a PDF.
- Press Share to export it.
- Rename your PDF if needed.
Another option for transforming Word to PDF on iOS is via the AltoConvertWordtoPDF application. Simply download it on your iPhone or iPad and transform your Word doc into a PDF. To change format type with the application, you need to take three steps: upload your Word doc, press Convert Now!, and once your PDF is ready, tap Download PDF. Another option for iOS is to go to the web-based converter altoconvertwordtopdf.com and work on the file from there.
How to convert Word to PDF on Android
Converting Word to PDF on Android is simple if you employ the AtoConvertWordtoPDF application. This stand-alone solution can help transform Word to PDF on the go from the comfort of your Android. Once you install it, double-click on the icon and press the orange buttons with instructions until you finally get your converted PDF. The application allows for the uploading of files from desktop and the cloud.
To convert Word to PDF on Android:
- Go to Google Play Store and find the AltoConvertWordtoPDF application.
- Install and Tap on it to open it.
- Upload your Word file from the device or the cloud.
- Tap Convert Now! to turn it into a PDF.
- Once it’s converted, tap Download PDF.
Another option is to transform Word to PDF online with the help of an online converter. They’re available on desktops, mobiles and tablets. Go to altoconvertwordtopdf.com from your Android, upload a document from the device or from the cloud, and Tap Convert Now!. Once it’s ready, download the PDF. AltoPDF doesn’t need any registration, however, it requires a stable internet connection. Try it out yourself!
To convert Word to PDF, press the Choose File button, select your DOCX file from your desktop or the cloud, and upload it. Once it’s uploaded, click Convert Now!. Wait for a couple of seconds until the conversion is completed and choose Download PDF.